22 Nov It’s quiz time: How well do you know Versilia?
Long gone are the days when peering into estate agents’ windows was the only way to see what your money might get you in the area you want to buy in. Now there’s a overabundance of real estate websites. Clearly, the battle for leadership in the Italian online real estate sector is played between Immobiliare, Idealista, and Casa.it. In addition, Gate-Away and James Edition are Italy’s most used property portals for overseas house hunters.
When you begin with your online search for your dream home in Versilia, at first sight, it might seem that there is a lot of offer but don’t be fooled. The online house hunt journey compares more to a jungle survival trip than a dreamy walk past virtual shopping windows.You will not be the first property buyer frustrated with online searching, not knowing where to look, what to believe, and which agent to trust. Soon your eye will be trained enough to discover that the same houses keep coming up in your search result; you are getting the same property proposals from different agencies and on different portals. Exclusive agreements are still a rarity in Versilia. Most properties are listed with various agencies and all these agencies use different images, names, titles, and – to the frustration of everyone – at times even different prices or stats. These differences in presentation will have you believe that you are looking at different properties when in actual fact, they might very likely be the same. As incredulous as it might sound, it is not uncommon for clients who have asked for a viewing, to get to a property and tell us that they have actually already visited it with another agency – they just thought it was a different one from looking at the presentation.Generally, for privacy reasons, the address and the map pointer are purely indicative and do not correspond exactly to the location of the property. Butthe address indication can be misleading if, for example, it says Forte dei Marmi but it considers a house located in Viareggio.
Another catch is that often properties that have already been sold and stay listed on the internet as still for sale. The reason? Some agencies keep them in their portfolios to attract more clients and receive more leads, especially when their own supply is low. However, another reason is that some sellers have their properties listed with so many agents and portals, that even they get confused and forget to update and inform everyone, so sometimes it can take months before all the websites have been accurately updated. Avoiding such a waste of time for all parties is one of the reasons why we recommend sellers to sign an exclusive sales agreement choosing to work with just one official Realtor.
We are going to show you five fantastic properties for sale from our real estate portfolio. They are located in different areas of Versilia. Can you guess where they are situated from their architectural style or from their surrounding landscape?
- Just 500 metres from the sea and Versilia’s beloved beaches, thiscontemporary residence spread over two levels features high luxury finishes. Large windows have been designed so that light fully penetrates in every corner of the house. On the ground floor there are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, an open space living area with fireplace and direct access to the patio with a shaded dining area, a truly gourmet dream kitchen with high end appliances and large breakfast bar and walk-in pantry, while upstairs there is a main apartment master suite with private bathroom, walk in closet, studio and a fabulous private terrace. Sitting in the peaceful verdant plot, there’s a swimming pool, jacuzzi and a guest house equipped with all modern comforts.
- A prime location within walking distance of Versilia’s longstretched golden beaches, fine dining and shopping. Steeped in history, yet modern comforts and convenient living showcase this heritage home. An exceptional restored property which consists of the main villa composed of three independent apartments, garage and a separate dependance set in a splendid garden. The property also has room to potentially build a sparkling swimming pool. There are two entrances: the main front one allows access directly from the sea boulevard. This property is perfectly suited for a private family residence, event venue, or bed and breakfast. What could be more idyllic than waking up to the sound of waves lapping on the beach just meters from your window?
- In a scenic location, rich with history, we find this exceptional property which consists of the main villa and a newly built two storey dependance set in a splendid garden with swimming pool. Accessed by a lovely driveway from the entrance gate along the garden with hedges, flowering shrubs. the house welcomes us with a large porch. The sober yet elegant style characterizes each room of this home, whose interior is lovingly cared for both in decor and finishes. There are five spacious, well-lit bedrooms that offer a marvelous view of the surrounding hills of Versilia and the romanesque Badia of San Pietro.
- Located in the town center, the possibility ofparking two cars on the premises and a private sunny courtyard; this is the context of this portion of a historical villa. Finely restored with great attention to detail, the elegant and comfortable rooms have luxury finishes and are tastefully furnished in warm colors and soft tones. The house is arranged over three floors, the raised ground floor opens onto an intimate living area, this floor features also a double bedroom with a bathroom. Upstairs there is a sleeping area composed of a two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. In the lower floor there is a large living area with kitchen connected directly to the courtyard. Great is the fortune who possesses all this in such a desirable location.
- Living life on one floor has plenty of positives; easier to maintain and safer to navigate for toddlers and elderly parents. Surrounded by the most sought-after streets of the town center, this house with garden for sale enjoys a prime location from where you can appreciate the tranquility of Versilia at just a stone’s throw from the famous Piazza and the sea. This house is spacious enough on the inside to comfortably fit a family without sacrificing or eliminating any important parts of the house. It has a stunning open space living area from which you have direct access to the wonderful secluded terrace and large sunny garden. The high ceilings fill the room with abundant light and add a beautiful atmosphere. Behind the living area is the kitchen. A corridor leads to two double bedrooms served by two bathrooms and a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a large storage room.
Let’s play, correct answers will be rewarded with a special gift. Send us your answers today!